This chat occurred January 25th, 2015 at 2 pm EST. There wasn’t an Australian counterpart chat this month. Here is a complete archive of the chat.
Would you believe it if we told you that it has been over 5 years that SLPs from different corners of the globe have been using Twitter to network and share their expertise? Furthermore would you believe that the steady daily buzz of thousands of #slpeeps sharing, questioning, interacting, researching on Twitter was at that time a slow trickle, from a handful (literally) of peeps (The term #slpeeps wasn’t coined until later in 2010) searching for ideas, and more importantly similar persons within the field. It must be hard to imagine with the current #slpeeps presence on Twitter, but it truly highlights how far we have come as we continue to make our mark on social media, and on the world.
Another familiar hashtag is about to turn 5 this year as well…..you guessed it #slpchat!! Although we have been dormant for a while (due to work and life commitments) the founders have decided that this is the best year to resume our lively discussions for our #slpchat veterans and newbies. We sure have missed you all and still believe that #slpchat is an essential part of our twitter community.
We therefore wish to invite you all to our “welcome back” chat on Sunday January 25th 2015 at 2 p.m Eastern Time.
This chat is all about YOU; we want to know:
- How twitter has changed for you over the years
- How it has supported (or not supported) your practice over the years
- Are you still a die-hard twitter user? Have other social networks (linkedin, facebook etc.) started to fill your professional needs?
- Is twitter still your go-to place for information/meeting other professionals?
- Are you keeping up with current trends or are you getting lost in information [overload]?
- Are there any tools/apps that have made navigating twitter easier for you as more professionals tweet?
We also want to hear some of your ideas for hott topics for this year.
We’re so glad to be back, and we’re looking forward to having you back with us as well!