We, on Twitter, have gotten accustomed to every day feeling like a conference, but we all still attend real life conferences whenever we can. We likely approach conferences/professional development workshops somewhat differently, however. With ASHA 2012 occurring in a week, we will be discussing conference attendance and selection, as well as networking at and preparing for a conference.
Discussion will surround the following themes:
- Selecting which conference/workshop to attend and which one(s) to skip
- Selecting which sessions you will attend at large conferences (like ASHA or SPA)
- Preparing for a conference – What do you bring and how do you prepare yourself to get the most out of a conference?
- Comparing/contrasting ASHA/SPA to other conferences/workshops people usually attend
- Networking at a conference – reasons, approaches, and follow up
The chat will occur at 2 pm Eastern Time (New York/Toronto) on Sunday, November 11, 2012 and again on Monday, November 12 at 8 pm Australian Eastern Time (Sydney). We hope to learn a lot with you!